Thursday, July 2, 2009

Destin, FL

Well we are back from Destin, FL. We had a great time eating wonderful seafood and just relaxing on the beach or in our condo. I'm not an ocean person because I don't like jellyfish but this time I got brave enough to venture out into the ocean. I stayed on a raft and floated in the ocean by myself. So relaxing!!!! Doug stayed in the room almost the entire time but got out only to eat and step on the beach for about an hour the last full day we were there. I had to beg him to come into the ocean with me. We were going to stay an extra day but the jellyfish starting venturing on to shore and that sealed the deal to come home. Anyways, here are a few pictures from our trip. Enjoy!!!!


Our view from the 15th floor of our condo at Sundestin Beach Resort
After a day at the beach

Before dinner at The Crab Trap

Doug enjoying his 1.5 lbs of Alaskan King Crab

Almost done with his crab

Doug in the kitchen where I had breakfast cooked for me every morning!

Before dinner at Harry T's in Harbor Walk Village

This man was filleting red snapper. It was cool!

More red snapper being filleted

Filleting King Mackerel. He cut the heads of and handed them to the kids that were standing there watching him. It was gross because you saw the guts come out! UGH!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed all the new pictures. The vacation pics make me miss the Gulf Coast sooo bad! We have great beaches here, but no white sand- it's not quite the same.

    ReplyDelete