Monday, January 10, 2011

Winter Snow Storm 2011

Never in my life have I seen this much snow and the local news channel finally got it right. I was beginning to doubt them when they had first mentioned snow here because it always snows north of here and we never get anything at all! Everyone freaks out and runs to the grocery store to buy bread and milk. Why, I don't know?? Like everyone else, I was at the grocery store buying my groceries for the week and the lines were ridicously long! Well anyways the more and more the news reported it, the more and more I begin to believe them a little until I started seeing this happening outside my window Sunday night and started freaking out! I love snow don't get me wrong but I was really excited because the local news channel FINALLY got the weather right! So enjoy the pictures of the Winter Snow Storm of 2011.

Snow beginning to fall Sunday night

Saw this Monday morning

Backyard covered in Snow

Back of the house

I measured 4.5" of snow but it was reported that we got 6-8"
which is the most we have gotten since March 1968. WOW!!!

Our house covered in snow!

The county had come and cleared the streets but
I wasn't going to get out and explore today

Our side yard!

We have definately enjoyed our first Snow Day in 2011. We will see what the rest of the month and year holds! Unfortunately we didn't make a snowman or get outside and have a snowball fight because Doug and I have both been struggling with colds and we did not need to get out and get sick so we stayed in and enjoyed the warmth of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment