Monday, January 27, 2014

Will's 2 year check up

Will had a great 2 year check up with his doctor. He weighs 21.1 lbs and is 33 inches tall. He lost about 2 pounds because he had a slight case of pneumonia but that's ok because he is steadily gaining it back. We didn't have any shots this time so we are thankful for that. 


The doctor mentioned to us about trying to start potty training and beginning to watch and see if he is ready. I know he's not right now and this momma isn't either. He also said for us to start and try to transition him into a toddler bed with rails if he's ready also so I guess we may try that one weekend to see how he does. 

As far as food he LOVES bananas, cheese puffs, hot dogs, bologna, vegetables, crackers and cookies of any kind. He's still not into eggs or macaroni and cheese because I guess he doesn't like the stickiness of them. Who knows? 

As far as bedtime routine he pretty much runs like clock work. We eat dinner around 6:30, bath at 7, a little milk, brush our teeth, and then he's in bed by 7:30/7:45. He's getting where he doesn't want us to rock or hold him anymore (which hurts my feelings). He just points to the bed and says "nigh nigh" and we put him in the bed and off he goes to sleep. I don't like this because we like to cuddle at night and wind down but times are changing for him and he's growing up and I don't like it!!! But getting up in the morning is a different story for Will. I have to be at work by 8:30 so I'm usually pulling him out of bed by 7:45, getting him dressed and we are usually out the door by 8 and off to the sitters house. 


He LOVES balloons, trucks, cars, balls, cups, and blocks. He can entertain himself for hours with a plastic cup and a block. He goes crazy when he sees a balloon at the grocery store so usually we end up carrying one around the store or we walk out with one. 

He can say bubbles, Mae Mae, nana, poppa, pawpaw, pop, go go, bye bye, no no, please, yes, mama, dada, milk, and a bunch of other words. But right now it's mostly Will language and he thinks in his mind that you can understand him. 


He loves going to Mrs Bonnie's house. She has a wide range of kids at her house and Will fits right in. I'm glad she is able to keep him until we can get him into our church program. He loves playing with other kids and it's only going to make him stronger and learn much more than what I can do with him. I miss being with him everyday but I know he's in good hands. 

I still can't believe my baby is 2! 

No comments:

Post a Comment