Monday, August 11, 2014

St. John's, Antigua

The boat arrived in St. John's, Antigua early that morning. Antigua has 366 beaches but unfortunately we didn't have time to visit them all, shucks! So we opted for a later excursion that day. We got up and went to the dining room to eat breakfast. They had the best pancakes so there was no more room service for me unless I got those pancakes delivered to my room. Doug convinced me to be adventurous this day so we did the Stingray, Swim and Snorkel adventure in Antigua. I was not looking forward to it. At breakfast we met a sweet lady from Texas and she pumped me up about the adventure because she had done it before and told me it wasn't dangerous or anything and plus she was going on the excursion. I wasn't convinced it was going to be okay but I kept telling myself it would and praying too. I was nervous to say the least. We arrived at Stingray City Antigua, got our instructions about what to do in the water, boated out to the area where we would be, and I got in the water for 5 minutes and quickly got out. I just couldn't do it knowing the barb was still in the stingrays and the area we were in was an area where the stingrays could come and go as they pleased. I just couldn't do it. So I was the picture taker and let Doug partake in all the fun. It just wasn't for me!

Stingray City, Antigua

Doug snorkeling

Doug learning to hold the stingray

Can't believe he's doing that

He was so proud of himself

There he goes snorkeling again. Can you see his head in the water? 

The water was clear and Doug said the scenery was beautiful. 

Even though I didn't participate in the Stingray thing, the view was breathtaking! 

Beautiful Antigua

Beautiful Antigua

Beautiful Antigua

So pretty! 

Looks just like a picture! 

We came back to the boat, shopped around, and got ready for dinner, some music and a white out party by the pool. 


Again, this little creature stopped by! 

Next stop - Castries, St. Lucia! 

No comments:

Post a Comment