Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Nicu Day 103

Will had a good night. He weighs 4lbs 9.4oz or 2025 grams. He got his eyes checked today and they are improving but are not fully developed. The ROP was in stage 2 zone 2 now it is stage 2 zone 3 which is an improvement. It is all of the vessels on the inside corner of the eyes that are not fully developed. Dr Brawner said another 4 weeks and they should be completely developed. What does this means for our going home time, I have no clue. If it is my guess, probably another 4 weeks then we might be going home. Who knows? I'm frustrated can you tell? I want my baby boy home sooooooooooooooooo bad that I can't stand it anymore. I have to keep reminding myself God is in control but when you are literally at your breaking point you just don't know what to do anymore. I'm anxious to get him home and I want it done now and I can't stand it! I wanna be one of those moms who is walking out of the hospital with their newborn baby and it kills me everytime I see that happen when I'm at the hospital. I've waited 4 years to be a mom and to have my baby at home, why am I having to wait again? Ok, now I'm finished complaining. So as of right now, I guess I'll keep trucking on and visiting my little ray of sunshine who greets me every morning with a huge smile and bright eyes. Patience, patience, patience is what I need.


2 comments:

  1. Precious Father, Please put your hand on this new Mommy, comfort her and give her the patience that is sooo hard in the NICU. Oh my goodness, I remember those agonizing days and I know that ONLY your perfect peace can calm Kara's Mommy heart. Keep growing this beautiful boy! In your precious name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, I go to church with Michelle Richardson, and I have been praying for you, your husband, and your precious little boy for some time now. I just wanted to offer you a bit of encouragement. The Lord reminded me this morning in Ephesians 4:1 that He has a calling on my life - a calling only I can fulfill. The same is true for you. NO ONE can be Will's mommy like you! The One who put the stars in place called you to this time. When you're in the middle of a "storm," it's so hard to see through the clouds. Hang in there! You will bring that sweet baby home, and it will be all the more special. Where there is a wait, there is a longing, and God ALWAYS fulfills the longings of our heart! I'm praying for you!
    Dara Ritter

    ReplyDelete