Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Will at home

Will has been home for almost 3 weeks. We have finally gotten into a good routine. I had some problems at the beginning when he got home. I didn't think I was being the best mom to him. Nothing I did was working and I never could figure out what he wanted. It got to the point that in the afternoon he was so tired that he wouldn't sleep at all and I had 5 hours to entertain him before Doug got home from work. I tried everything I knew to do and it wasn't working. I heard something on the Today show this week about white noise machines. I have a white noise machine on my alarm clock so I tried it and Will slept that afternoon for 2 HOURS and I was one thrilled mother. Since then he has so far taken an afternoon nap for about 2-3 hours and this makes for one HAPPY momma!!

Will's day usually goes likes this: wake up at 7am for a bottle by daddy before he goes to work; then goes walking with momma; sleeps from about 9-11:30; eats again at 11:30; sleeps from about 12:30 to about 2:30-3; occasionally will run errands with momma sometimes; eats again between 4-4:30; daddy comes home from work around 5; we cook dinner while Will enjoys some awake time in his swing or bouncer; bath time around 8:30 every other day; he eats again at 9pm and then goes to bed around 9:30-10; sleeps till 2:30am and eats again; sleeps till 7am and our day starts all over again.

We believe we have Will on a great schedule. It took us about a week to finally get this down pat since the pediatrician told us to stretch his feedings to 4-5 hours. I was so used to the schedule of 8,12,4 that he was on in the Nicu that I just had a hard time readjusting to a new schedule.

He recently developed a horrible hacking cough so we went immediately to the pediatrician and come to find out he has silent reflux. We got some medicine for that and so far it is working.

Will sleeps in the room across from his room and on the other side of the house from our bedroom because he moans and groans all the time during his sleep and it drove me crazy at the beginning and I wasn't sleeping. We are constantly monitoring him on the video monitor and we have the angel care monitor set up as well. We are sleeping much better at night. I have to admit I watched the video monitor like it was a tv at the beginning but moving him across the house was the best thing we did. I was scared to death but we are all sleeping better at night.

Will enjoys tummy time on his play mat, swinging in his swing, napping in his nap nanny and morning walks with his momma. He is starting to make baby noises like ah and ooh. It is so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment