Monday, April 30, 2012

Nicu Day 101

Will had a good night. He weighs 4lbs 7.4oz or 2025 grams. He has been really fussy lately and hasn't been eating good again. He got a bath yesterday afternoon and I think it relaxed him a little bit. The only orders for today is to have a consult with Dr Pigott this week about Will's hernia repair surgery and get his opinion on whether or not it needs to be repaired before we go home or if it can be repaired later. Also, again Will is to have his eyes checked on Wednesday. The upcoming eye exam is very important because that will give us more answers on when we might possibly be coming home too. So this week we hope to have more details about when Will might get to go home.

My due date is this coming Sunday and we are getting very anxious for some answers. Our patience is running thin because we want Will home so bad that it is killing us. I'm not a very patient person so I keep reminding myself of this great verse I read yesterday in Romans 12:12 "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer." It has been very hard lately to have patience when you really want your son home so bad that it is literally killing you inside. God put us through this journey for a reason and sometimes we question him and ask why.  But we know that we cannot doubt his reasonings behind all of this and instead we have to seek him daily for guidance and strength to get through those trying days. By no mean has this journey been easy but we know that Will will come home in God's timing and we have to remain hopeful, patient, and faithful.  

1 comment:

  1. My triplets turned 15 last month and all these years later, I still maintain that the absolute LONGEST days of my life were those leading home to their homecoming. Each delay felt heart-breaking and I remember thinking as LOOOONNNGG as those days were, the next few years once we were home would FLY. And, of my goodness, they have! Praying this dear boy comes home soon!

    ReplyDelete