Wednesday, April 18, 2012

NICU Day 89

Will lost weight and now weighs 3lbs 13oz or 1730 grams. He measures 15 3/4 inches long and his head is 11 3/4 inches round. His feedings have been increased to 40mls by tube and still 35-45mls if he takes a bottle. As a mom I feel like it is my fault since I'm nursing him that I have made him loose weight but the nurses assured me that is not the case. His feedings have changed to every 4 hours and that is probably why because in a 24 hour period he is lost a feeding. He was every 3 hours with 8 feedings in a 24 hour period, now he is every 4 hours with 7 feedings in a 24 hour period. So that is contributing to the weight loss.

Will's eyes checked out great. The stage 2 ROP is still there but it is growing in the right direction and is improving so Dr Brawner will check his eyes in 2 weeks. He will have another blood count on Friday to check to see if his blood levels have increased or not. If they are still low then he will need another transfusion and we have donor blood that expires on April 23rd.

Wide awake for Mommy at 7:30am today

I look handsome in my new Paty Inc gown

Hello!

"He is the one you praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes." Deuteronomy 10:21

No comments:

Post a Comment