Monday, January 30, 2012

NICU Day 12

I've been trying to write this blog post all morning but the internet has been down at the hospital. So thank you all for being patient.

Will had another great night after an apnea scare he had when we were up there visiting that put his daddy into a state of shock. He is much better today and his daddy was able to rest easy knowing that Will was doing better. Apnea spells with preemies this small are completely normal. They bounce back out of it within 10 seconds.

His feedings have been increased from 6ml to 8ml and he is COMPLETELY off the TPN bag and he is getting all the nutrients from the breast milk that he needs! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!! He weighs 520 grams or 1lb 2oz which is down 20 grams from yesterdays weigh in. All his blood gas tests and chest xrays came back normal. He has been flipped over and is doing a little tummy time to try and ease the apnea spells. The respiratory therapist said he would be on his tummy for about 48 hours and he assured me this is good for him to do. So all is well in Will's life.

I found this prayer in a book that someone gave me so this is my prayer for Will for today and always.

Thank you for this treasured child of mine. Although you have entrusted him to me, I know he belongs to you. Like Hannah offered Samuel, I dedicate my child to you, Lord. I recognize that he is always in your care. Help me as a parent, Lord, with my weaknesses and imperfections. Give me strength and godly wisdom to raise this child after your Holy Word. Please supply what I lack. Keep my child walking on the path that leads to eternal life. Help him to overcome the temptations in this world and the sin that would so easily entangle him. Dear God, send your Holy Spirit daily to lead and guide him. Ever assist him to grow in wisdom and stature, in grace and knowledge, in kindness, compassion and love. May he serve you faithfully with his whole heart devoted to you. May he discover the joy of your presence through daily relationship with your Son, Jesus. Help me never to hold on too tightly to this child, nor neglect my responsiblities before you as a parent. Lord, let my committment to raise this child for the glory of your name cause his life to forever testify of your faithfulness.

Thanks for you prayers for Will and us. Will is growing stronger everyday so please continue to pray for him and the doctors and nurses that are attending to his bedside. It is still a day to day process that will continue but overall we have been pleased with his growth and the strength he is showing.


3 comments:

  1. I look for your posts each day to check the progress of Little Will. Please know that we are continuing to pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara,
    I love the updates! Thanks for sharing your heart with us! We will continue to lift baby Will up in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara, He is absolutely so precious! He has the sweetest little face and I and my entire sunday school are praying for strength for you and Doug and baby WIll. I know it has to be exhausting but stay strong and we will continue praying! I think about you everyday and have been for two weeks straight. I think you have people all over the midsouth praying for that little boy.

    jennifer

    ps keep posting, my sunday school class asks about you all the time and I love to be able to tell them about the great progress He is making.

    ReplyDelete