Sunday, January 8, 2012

The nursery progress

The nursery is coming along. Yes I know I'm way ahead of schedule but with twins you just never know. I'd rather be ahead than scrambling and being stressed out to finish it at the end before they decide to arrive earlier than expected. My mom is making all the bedding and it is going to be SUPER CUTE! A good and talented friend of mine did a wall painting and painted their names on wooden letters to match the bedding. It is so cute! If you get a chance and need something painted check out Glory Bee Paint Parties out on facebook. Let me tell ya, this girl is TALENTED!

Anyways here are a few photos of the nursery.

The painting my friend did

Drew's side of the nursery. We are missing a distressed frame I'm trying to find to match their bedding.

Will's side of the nursery. We are missing a distressed frame that I'm trying to find to match the bedding.

The car seats are ready and we are just waiting a while to install them.

Drew's neck straps that I had Kim at Monogram It monogram and applique

Will's neck straps that I had Kim at Monogram It monogram and applique

My $60 glider that my sister found for me at a garage sale. We bought fabric to recover the cushions and the best husband in the world added a few cans of white spray paint. Just like new. It's in the bedroom across from the nursery.

This rocker was used by my mom to rock all of us and also my sister used it to rock her children. It has been passed down to me and again the best husband in the world sanded it down and added a few cans of blue spray paint and a clear shiny finish and it looks GREAT in the nursery. My mom is making a cushion for it.

The name plaques that the boys got for Christmas from Uncle Nic and Aunt Kim

My mom finished the minky dot sheets and we have put them on the beds. Now she will start on the bed skirts and bumpers! It's coming along! YIPEE!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I love the sweet giraffe pic and painted name letters over the cribs. Also, those monogrammed car seat neck straps are TOO CUTE! :)

    ReplyDelete