Friday, January 27, 2012

NICU Day 9 - January 27, 2012

Will is still doing great! Somethings have changed but that is good! He is on a conventional ventilator (which is much quieter) and breathing on about 24% oxygen. We breathe on about 21% oxygen. The ventilator is helping him get about 25 breaths per minute at certain intervals. Basically, he is breathing on his own and the ventilator will help him breathe when he needs those extra breaths. He is out from under the bilirubin light for today. They have increased his feedings from 3mls to 4mls every 3 hours. He is pooping and peeing regularly. They are beginning to prick his little foot to take blood because they have removed the needle from his head. He is still trying to open his eyes for me but has not done that yet.

So today little Will is still progressing. I'm sitting here in his room today for a while just to be near him and reflecting on the amazing power of God. To take this little baby from me at just 24 weeks and to hear that he is improving each and every day, we just have to stop and give all the praise and glory to our Lord Jesus Christ. Wow, I'm completely stunned at the awesomeness of his grace and mercy that he has placed over our little Will.

Please continue to pray for our little fighter! We draw our strength from him each and every day. We are resting well. Doug has gone back to work and I will continue on and try to get in a routine. I am going to be sitting with him every day as he continues to grow stronger. Please continue to lift up the amazing NMMC NICU staff, doctors, and nurses as they continue to press on and take care of our sweet Will. Where would we be without them?

Matthew 19:26: But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Isaiah 26:4 Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock.

Isaiah 41:10: Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment