Sunday, March 4, 2012

Nicu Day 45

Will had a good night. The best news is HE HIT THE 2lb MARK IN WEIGHT!!! Do you hear me? My baby born almost 7 weeks ago Thursday at 1lb 1oz finally weighs 2lbs or 900 grams!! I'm so proud of him!! We were in the room when they weighed him last night and we literally had a party. After his weight loss the other night, I thought he would NEVER reach the 2lb mark but he did!! We are soooooooo proud of you little buddy! The nurses say once they hit the 2lb mark in weight they start gaining weight like crazy! I'm anxious to see if that is true. But he had a big poopie diaper today so we will see.

He is getting a blood transfusion and some more of Poppa Bill's blood so he is just a chilling today. Blood gases have all been good and have turned his rate down to 20 breathes per minute from 25 yesterday. So we are making progress with little Will.

Enjoy a picture of my 2lb long skinny legged baby!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment