Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Nicu Day 47

Will lost weight last night. That's ok. He had a blood transfusion and 3 huge poopie diapers so he just need to expel some relief. Haha!! He weighs 2lbs 1oz or 930 grams. Steadily he will keep climbing and gaining weight. He will get back there and then take off. He is beginning to look like a totally different baby. He changes so much and it is just blowing my mind but that's a good thing that he is changing.

As far as the changes today, Will's feedings increased to 17ml from 16ml. His ventilator changes for today are that his breathes per minute were changed and went down to 15 which it was 20. His oxygen pressures were changed to 17 over 5 which it was 18 over 5 yesterday. So they are steadily moving the ventilator settings down. He will have a blood gas at 4pm today, another chest xray in the morning, eyes checked with Dr Brawner tomorrow, and then a CBC (complete blood test) in the morning as well.

We are still able to hold him at each shift (which is twice a day) up to an hour or however long he can tolerate it. He has been able to tolerate it up to 50 minutes which has been great and we are definately enjoying this moment with him. We read to him, sing to him, and talk to him about all the things and places we cannot wait to show him someday. This is such a special time with him and we have thoroughly enjoyed every minute we get with him. Plus, I've gotten some incredible and sweet pictures of him.

Look at how long and big he has gotten

I have to caption this one. He is saying "Who is this crazy man who is holding me?"

Such a precious gift from God. I kiss that forehead everytime I get a chance.

Such a sweet moment. Doug is praying over Will and of course I had to capture this moment. This picture brings tears to my eyes.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

This verse speaks volumes to us. We believe it is the message God is sending us about Will. Will is truly being a prophet to the nations. He has touched so many lives and we believe this is all in God's plan for his life. I cannot begin to put into words the things we have heard from people who are being changed every day by reading this blog. Doug and I didn't intend for this blog to be a "show" for the world to see. We wanted a way to help our friends and family keep up with Will's progress and since I did that through my pregnancy with the blog, I decided to continue the blog and do it that way. But we have heard of so many people being blessed by our Will's progress and how it is affecting so many lives. We are humbled everytime we hear that from someone. It is really God working through Will to further his kingdom and to be an example of the amazing things our God can do if we just open our eyes and see what wonders he can do.

Prayer is a powerful thing and HE is providing us with the strength to get through each day. So again, we thank you for your continued prayers for Will and us because we feel them each and every day and Will is a living breathing testimony of God's amazing creation and we continue to give him all the glory, honor and praise for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment