Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Nursery Redo

We tackled the nursery a few weeks ago and redid it. We had both cribs set up and bedding was half way made so we had to redo it. It was the hardest thing we ever had to do but we were ready to redo it and make it Will's even though we miss Drew terribly and didn't want to take all his stuff away.

We ended up putting Will in Drew's bed and on his side of the room where Drew was going to go. We felt like that was the right thing to do since we didn't want to get rid of the memory of Drew completely. We took down Will's bed and haven't decided on what to do with it. I can't decide if I want to keep it or donate it. When I know what to do then we will make the right decision.

We did keep a few things as a memory of Drew. My mother's friend made both the boys there "birth" plates and they are on the dresser. We also kept the name plates Nic and Kim gave the boys for Christmas. We know we will eventually have to tell Will about Drew but when that time comes, I'm praying we will be prepared.

I'm so in love with the nursery. My mom is not finished with the bedding yet but hopefully will by the time he comes home. I made her stop sewing until we were comfortable for her to restart the bedding. So a couple of weeks ago, I gave her the go ahead.

I've bought a few clothes for his closet have begun filling that up. I haven't had any showers yet but soon his room and closet will be packed full. I could go bananas buying all those cute little smocked boy outfits for Will but I might go broke and the hubby is telling me not to spend much right now. We will see! :)

The room

Where Will will sleep

The dresser with the "birth plates"

The changing area

The "oh-so" cute door hanger

No comments:

Post a Comment