Sunday, March 18, 2012

NICU Day 59

Wow, a lot has happened over the weekend in Will's sweet life. He still weighs 1100 grams or 2lbs 7oz. We began bottle feeding him yesterday but only is taking it once a shift (day and night) and the other times he is getting his feeding through his tube. They are slowing introducing that to him. Yes, we were able to bottle feed him and he took it well. I'll share that in another post with LOTS of pictures!

Will's air flow has been turned down to 2 today from 2.5 yesterday. I got the go ahead to nurse him tomorrow during one of his feedings so I am soooooooooooooooooooooo excited about that!! I'm looking forward to such a great bonding time with Will tomorrow. **DISCLAIMER: Doug doesn't like the word "breastfeeding" so we will refer to it now as nursing**

I'm just in awe by Will's progress so far. This is exactly what we have been praying for and God has been so gracious to answer our prayers and has granted us what we have asked of him. Dr Nading said we are not out of the woods yet but for us and our friends to keep praying because it is working. We were at church today and I heard this song and immediately thought of how I feel about how amazing our God has been to us and how in awe we have been of his great power over of our son, Will. I love the message a song has and how it can touch you in the right ways.

I Stand in Awe of You

You are beautiful beyond description
Too marvelous for words
Too wonderful of comprehension
Like nothing ever seen or heard
Who can grasp you infinite wisdom
Who can fathom the depth of your love
You are beautiful beyond description
Majesty enthroned above

And I stand, I stand in awe of you
I stand, I stand in awe of you
Holy God to whom all praise is due
I stand in awe of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment