Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day is a day to celebrate our moms. Today we celebrate Karen and Lou and thank them for all that they have done in our lives. I'm truly blessed to be a mom and blessed to have the perfect addition added to our family right before Mother's Day! I'm blessed to be able to follow in my moms footsteps and raise my children to follow and love Jesus. So thank you to our moms and we love you!!



It was a Mother's Day I'll never forget as I hold and snuggled with my 2 boys today. My family came over to bring us lunch and to visit. Doug and Will went grocery shopping and went to see his mom for a while. It's been quite the adjustment since we've come home with Luke from the hospital but Big Bro Will has done good. He's had his moments but Doug and I have been patient with him as much as we can and he's been wanting to help out on several of the things with Luke. We've had to teach him to be careful around Luke because he's still fragile and a small baby. He's very concerned about him and where he is at all times. I'm trying to do my best and spend as much time as I can with Will as I am with Luke. Its very hard but we are doing the best we can. Will is going to do great as a big brother!!



Luke has jaundice and we've been a glow worm since Saturday. We went back to the newborn follow up clinic today and he has to stay under the light for 2 more days and we are hoping his bilirubin levels will come down. He's been taking about 2oz of formula every 3 hours and we are trying to increase it to 3oz and are slowly making our way there. He weighed 6lbs 11oz when we left the hospital and now weighs 6lbs 8.2 oz at the follow up clinic today. So he's lost a bit! He's been sleeping good at night and having great wet and dirty diapers. He doesn't mind the noise and craziness at our house as we have had many visitors so far. Life is good so far! 


I'll update the blog with more pictures from his birth and going home pictures at a later date. But right now this momma is headed to bed just like this little boy fell asleep on the way home today, shades and all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment