Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Welcome Luke Penny

We welcomed with loving arms at 3:35pm today the most precious 6lbs 15oz and 19 inches long with a head full of dark brown hair sweetest little boy named Lucas Andrew Douglas Penny into our family today. It was a journey to get here but God truly blessed us today with a screaming baby boy who made his entrance known and let us know that he was here.

There were a few complications along the way but God saw us through it and he's finally in our arms today!! With all the prayers we received Doug and I are overjoyed that we get to share him with the world. God is amazing!!!!! 

After waiting in the lobby for 3 hours this morning for a room because of a full moon we were finally admitted by 9:30 am and got the ball rolling. Yes this is my blog and Luke's birth story so please quit reading if you need to because I will go into labor things. I was already 3cm when I came in today. So I got settled in and they started pitocin and the contractions kept coming on stronger. I had been feeling them since 3:30am that morning and they were beginning to get stronger  but I blew it off as nothing and tried not to think about it. After we got the pitocin started I got an epidural and around 1ish the doctor came in a broke my water and I was 4cm and 100% thinned and he said it wouldn't be much longer. At 2:30pm I was checked again and I was 9cm and started freaking out. Of course my blood pressure skyrocketed so they gave me a few minutes to calm down and we began pushing at 3pm. They got me to a point where Dr Young would come in and finish it and at 3:35pm Luke Penny entered the world and I cried tears of joy because I was so happy and relieved to hear that cry I've always wanted to hear. Doug cut the cord and then we did skin to skin and it was the most wonderful experience of my entire life. 

I absolutely love my family with all my heart and God has truly blessed us in such a way that is indescribable to me in words. My family is complete!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment