Thursday, February 16, 2012

Nicu 28 Evening update

Will has yet to surprise us again on his 4 week birthday. As soon as I posted his last update Will decided to quit breathing and turned a blue color and they had to neopuff him. We've never been so scared in our life to witness and hold onto a child that you love so much and watch that happen. But Will was tired and needed to be back on the ventilator. We are so proud of him for being off the vent for 60 hours which was 12 more than his last time. God literally brought us to our knees as we humbly prayed for Will to pull through and for God to lay his everloving hand of protection over our son. This is God's Will and he promised us that he will never leave us or forsake us. God gave Will to us and we know that he has a purpose for him in life. We may not know what that is but God is sovereign and almighty and we know without a shadow of a doubt that HE IS IN CONTROL and HE WILL PREVAIL!!

Lord thank you for Will and the blessing that he means to us.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my heart is pounding just reading this -- even now, all these years later I can FEEL that fear that drives you to the only ONE who can take care of this sweet boy. I am wondering if you have been able to kangaroo-care with Will?? I would button my babies up skin-to-skin in my shirt and their numbers always stayed PERFECT during those times. My sweet now 14-year-olds gave me a Kangaroo charm for Mother's Day last year....just know I am praying for ya'll all the way out here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not imagine the fear that you were both feeling - we continue to pray!!!!!

    ReplyDelete