Monday, February 27, 2012

Surprise I GOT TO HOLD WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I can't believe this happened today. I FINALLY got to hold Will for the first time today. It was an amazing experience and one I will NEVER forget. Will and I did skin to skin time today only for 15 minutes and it was the best 15 minutes ever! Wow, truely an awesome experience that I cannot put into words how I felt. I owe it all to my AMAZING social worker, Christy, who went to Dr Omara and asked him to let me do skin to skin. I was prepared to talk to him today about it but Christy went and did it for me and I will be forever greatful to her for doing that. Also, she was our photographer for the skin to skin time and I'm so happy she did that and I have someone like that who will go above and beyond the call of duty to capture that special moment and also to take care of us. Christy, I know you are reading this, but you are truely an angel sent from heaven and I can never tell you "THANK YOU" enough and how gracious we are for you and the ENTIRE NICU staff.

So without further adieu, I know you are dying for some pictures. So here you go!







You better not think that I'm gonna leave daddy out of this skin to skin time. He is getting to do it tonight and there will be pictures posted so stay tuned!!

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet moment, kara! so thankful will is growing stronger every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful you were able to Kangaroo today!! Will is going to love love love it!! (You and Dad too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for y'all!!! These are the sweetest pictures I've ever seen!! I can't WAIT to see him again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I read about Will's progress every day and pray. Thank you so much for sharing your family's journey of faith. Everyone in my Bible study asks about him every week when we share prayer concerns, and I can't wait to tell them about this beautiful moment. Will is a champ, and his life is already inspiring so many! Enjoy those snuggles! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those beautiful smiles on your faces made my day!!! I am so happy for all 3 of you, Will is a lucky little man to have such wonderful parents.

    May God continue to bless your little family!! Love ya, Lois Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pictures! So glad you finally got to hold your precious baby! I love the one where you and Doug are looking at each other as you hold him.

    ReplyDelete