Thursday, February 16, 2012

NICU Day 28 again

Well this is NICU Day 29 but I've been told it is actually NICU Day 28 so I'm back tracking to NICU Day 28. So anyways! Will is 4 weeks old today! YEAH! I still can't believe it has been 4 weeks since I delivered him and his precious brother Drew.

Will is doing good. Still off the ventilator. He is having a few periodic breathing this afternoon so he is getting lazy. He is still getting his breathing treatments but no albuterol. His chest xrays are showing his lungs are not inflating well but his blood gases are good. He is getting 2 doses of steriods to help and a shot of caffeine so that should help the lungs. He is supposed to have a blood transfusion either today or tomorrow and the blood is coming from my dad. So thank you dad for donating blood to help my son.

Please pray that his lungs will inflate better and that the steroids will work and he can continue to stay off the ventilator. We are giving this all to God for he is our provider and comfort for the strength we need for this Nicu roller coaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment