Friday, February 3, 2012

NICU Day 16

Will has some great news to report today. Dr. Omara is in complete shock because he believes that the blood vessel is completely CLOSED! He delivered the news to Doug this morning and he literally hit his knees. This is a rare thing for the blood vessel to close after one dosage of medicine. It usually takes about 3 dosages for the vessel to close. But Dr Omara tells us that the vessel might open again but not to be concerned about it if it does happen again. But as of today, the blood vessel is closed.

Will is doing so much better today and looks so much better too. His heartrate has stayed between 150-170 range which is way down from the 170-200 range that is was yesterday. He had a blood transfusion yesterday and is doing so much better. It is amazing the difference a day has made in Will's life. He still weighs 1lb 3oz though but feedings should resume tomorrow. They are starting his feedings at a low dosage but at a very slow pace to help him from getting NEC which is a stomach problem that he could get.

The best news of all is WILL HAS OPENED HIS EYES! I literally could jump in the incubator and give me a big kiss. This just thrilled my soul and brought tears to my eyes. He opened his left eye first and our social worker got a picture for me and then he opened his right eye and I could grab my camera fast enough.

I see you momma and daddy

Praise the Lord my blood vessel is closed now I can get fed again

Exodus 15:26
For I am the Lord, who heals you

Psalms 119:18
Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.

4 comments:

  1. okay... yep! this post and pics has me in happy tears! I know you two are beyone thrilled. it is completely amazing to see God's awesomeness in this situation! we are literally witnessing miracle after miracle... PRAISE GOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ready this just made my day - what a blessing that he is doing so much better!! Prayers will continue. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of his hands reaching up in praise. It reminds me of Psalm 8:2 "From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise..." Such a beautiful story, such a brave little warrior, and I love the fact that your blog brings glory and honor to God. Praying for you and your little warrior.
    Betsy Parrott

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God! I have been praying for y'all! Such sweet eyes!

    ReplyDelete